Thursday, April 9, 2009

Tune In

So already I'm starting to slack with the blogging upkeep. We'll fix that now. To play catch up, let's see what's happened since my last entry...
Work sucks, still. The new manager is frustrating everyone with her sour attitude and incompetence. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but that place is going down like the Titanic.
I've been applying incessantly to jobs all over Gainesville. I've had a few nibbles, but we'll see if I hook any. Most of them are receptionist or office jobs. They offer decent pay, and I'd really prefer to be out of the food industry. The only terrible thing about finding a new job is leaving all of my beloved scooping pals. I know we'll still hang out, but it won't be the same.
My mom is coming for a visit in a few weeks. I'm really excited! I haven't seen her since Christmas break. We'll most likely go to the Butterfly Rainforest, but I'm not really sure what else she wants to do. We'll eat at some of my favorite places like Reggae Shack, Mellow Mushroom and Bento for sure. Maybe I can even get her to try sushi. I recently went to Buddha Belly with Jessica and the food was incredible so we could check that out too.Their peanut curry was amazing and the best part is you can choose how spicy (or plain)you want your meal. I like some heat and 5 was perfect.
Another idea for us involves pie. There was/is some pie festival/contest in Celebration, FL that I wanted to go to so that's a possibility too. My mom and I both love to bake and who doesn't love pie? It would also be really fun to take her to a show at the Hipp. Hopefully something intriguing is playing.
Her visit will be a nice break from work for the both of us, I'm sure.

No comments: