Saturday, January 24, 2009

On the road

So today was an interesting day. I had a hair appointment at 10 am at the mall. Decided I wanted bangs. As cliche as it might be, I'm one of those girls who does something to their hair during/after a stressful time. Check.
Anyway, after two hours I feel like my hair looks like a wig. I like the bangs, don't get me wrong. But the way the stylist dried it with my layers and angles curving in around my face I can't help but think I look like a mannequin. It will take a little getting used to.
As I was headed home on 75 I passed my exit. I passed all of the Gainesville exits. I ended up driving to Ocala and for no particular reason. I was listening to Head Automatica, it was a beautiful day and I felt like driving. I think the only reason I turned around was because I had to get off an exit to pee.
Driving on a gorgeous, sunny days while listening to music is one of my favorite things. It's a great way to just relax and clear your head, assuming there's no traffic.
I talked to Pete the other night and we're planning a road trip. He's going to fly to Florida, drive with me back to Arizona where we'll hang out for a bit, drive back to Florida, and then he'll fly back to Arizona. Not only is he a great friend, but he also loves road trips which is fantastic. He also informed me that he has a portable hookah. That should be fun.
I've always wanted to go on a cross-country road trip. Another bonus is that we can stop off in New Mexico where I can observe whether or not I could actually live there. If not, there's always New York.
While I was driving back to Gainesville I saw a pickup truck with its back panel airbrushed. I could vaguely see a ship on waves and what seemed to be a pirate. My attention grabbed, I accelerated to get a closer look. To my disappointment it was a ship with a captain, who was being guided by Jesus. Jesus had his arm around the fellow, pointing him in the right direction. The caption below read: In God We Must Trust.
It made me wonder why Jesus didn't help out the crew from "The Perfect Storm."
Oh, but before my little road trip I went by Forever 21 and bought another anchor necklace and pink zebra-print flats. Cute.

No comments: