Monday, January 12, 2009

New Year's resolution?

Too bad I don't actually follow that nonsense. I guess some people need an excuse to make a promise that they're just going to break with more excuses.
Anyway, I'm going to try and write more. Now that I have this fancy-pants journalism degree, perhaps I can put it to use, if only in an unpaid blog form.
I've officially been back in Florida and free from school for a week. Graduating was exciting, but also terrifying. Now I'm supposed to know what to do with my life. I still have about a week left until I find out about whether or not one option will work. If that falls through I'll have even more options. I guess I could do whatever I want. Sounds nice.
Depending on my mood, the day, the hour, sometimes it's relieving to know that I've completed four (and a half) years of college. It feels like a huge accomplishment. At other times, I panic. I start analyzing the time that has already passed and what is to come. I think of what I could have done in that time and what I should be doing now. Wasted time is a terrible thing.
I've realized this post is quite a downer. I'm really not that stressed right now. Work is easy the majority of the time, friends and family are good, and I have some entertaining plans this week. I haven't been to a live show in a while. This week I'm going to at least two, possibly three. We'll see if Reggae Tuesdays is attractive tomorrow. If not, Thursday and Friday should be quite fun. Perhaps a trip to the Atlantic for Indie Dance Night will follow Thursday's show. Dancing is a great stress reliever. It's fun regardless.
Takoda is chewing the shit out of his bone and it's making me crazy.
Until next time.

No comments: